Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place an order?
Simply navigate from the left hand menu bar on each page. This will take you to a brand page, for example Elemis, ghd, Redken etc. Once in the brand page select a sub category that you like. For example: if you where looking for a shampoo for blonde hair you might try Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo. You may also type in the search box on the top right hand side of the tool bar on each page. You type in shampoo : Where all shampoos featured on the site will be listed - or you may type Redken Shampoo - this will display all the shampoos in the Redken range.
There's a Product page for each item offered gorgeousshop.com. While on a Product page, you can order a product, read its complete description, and get other important information. Here's what you'll find:
- Description A general overview of each product highlighting its key benefits.
- Gorgeous says This is our opinion on the product and is written by our salon professionals who have used the product or received training on a particular brand.
- Price Prices indicated includes VAT.
- Directions for use Get tips on how to get the most out of each product. This gives you an insight into what to expect when you receive the product and whether it’s right for you.
Shopping at gorgeousshop.com is easy and fast. If a product is temporarily out of stock, you can ask us to e-mail you when the product is available again.
''Add to Basket'' The stock is available to buy today!
''Pre Order'' You can pre-order the product and as soon as the product comes into stock it will be dispatched to you on a first come first serve basis.
''Out of Stock'' Either the product is limited edition or the manufacturer has not given us a lead time on stock arrival.
How we ship your order?
We choose the most efficient delivery method for your parcel based on the total weight, your nominated delivery location and the service you have selected. This means that our automated system will allocate your parcel to either a standard mail service or a courier service.
If you have a promotional code, please enter this at Shopping Bag before proceeding to Checkout. Within the Shopping Bag there is an option "Got a voucher code?", click on this box, enter code and click apply.
The majority of parcels are sent to you via a 'trackable service' and we will email your tracking details once your parcel has been despatched from our warehouse. Simply follow the courier information sent to you or contact us on 01442 866 009 to know the status of your delivery.
Proof of Delivery
In most cases our couriers won't require a signature as proof of delivery. Therefore, please make sure that you nominate a delivery address where a you will be in, or it can be accepted by a neighbour or left in a safe place. The address can be different than your billing address ie. a work address or a neighbor's house. Please make sure you have entered a valid billing address as your primary address as this is used to verify your selected payment method.
Occasionally delays can be experienced but this is very rare. Delays can occur for various reasons the most common are;
- Out of Stock Items - Goods that have a 5 - 7 day availability or longer can still be ordered, so please check the availability status clearly marked by each product before you place your order.
- Part Shipments - We do not part ship orders, so if a particular product is out of stock or goes out of stock we will hold your order until all purchased items are back in stock.
- Incorrect Details - Once an order has been placed we are unable to amend these details. Please double check details are entered correctly, especially postcode and house/building number.
- Lost In Transit - Occasionally parcels do get lost in transit. For UK deliveries we have to allow 14 working days before a parcel is deemed to be lost in transit. For international deliveries we have to allow up to 28 working days. Once the courier has agreed that the parcel has been lost will we be able to despatch a replacement.
- Attempted Delivery - If goods are sent on a signed for service and the courier cannot obtain a signature as Proof of Delivery they will leave a card and return the parcel to the nearest depot. This also applies to local postal services (Royal Mail) where the postman cannot find a safe place to leave the parcel. If a parcel is not collected within 7 days the parcel will be returned to us. If this situation occurs and customers still want their parcel, we will redeliver only when we have received payment for the the cost of redelivery. Please contact our help desk for further details.
- Address Not Found / No Access To Building - Sometimes couriers cannot find an address or get access to a property. This can happen especially if customers live in a new building or live in a block of flats/apartments. Please contact our help desk or leave a short message in the special instructions box on the checkout screen if you think there maybe an issue we should know about.
- Industrial Action - Occasionally industrial action does happen. This can either occur in a local region of on a national basis. When we have been notified of such action in advance we will attempt wherever possible to send parcels via an alternative courier. However, if action is taken at short notice we cannot be held responsible for delays and loss of parcels.
How to Return Goods Gorgeous Shop Returns
Promotional Handling Ltd
Dragonworks Industrial Estate
Email - Send an Email, with the Subject 'GS Return request - 1xxxxx ' (Where 1xxxxxx is the Internal order number shown on the front of the delivery note). Detail the items you wish to return and tell us the reason for the return. We endeavour to contact you within 2 working days with instructions on how to return the goods to us.
Telephone Call us on +44(0) 1442 866009, please make sure you have your order to hand when you call. Our Help Desk team will discuss your issue and authorise the return subject to our Cancellation Rights, Returns and Refunds policy
Once your Return has been authorised we will ask you to send the goods back to us. If you live in the United Kingdom we will provide you with a pre paid postage label. For orders outside the UK we will advise you on the best method to return the goods.
Pack your parcel with care; if you fail to pack the parcel and your goods arrive damaged (as a result of the return trip) we may not be able to process your return. You should obtain a receipt for the parcel when you send it. Please write you name and order number on the outside of the parcel.
Please allow 7 days for your parcel to reach us if you are in the United Kingdom, for returns from International locations please allow up to 28 days.
Please read our Returns
policy prior to sending products back to us.
What do I do if I have an allergic reaction? Please notify us immediately, all goods must be returned within 30 days of depsatch. We cannot accept returns after this period. Please contact customer services on 01442 866 009 to arrange returns.
How to qualify for a gift with purchase?
Selected brands often carry exclusive promotions whereby customers can qualify for a free gift. A list of the latest promotions can be found on our Latest Offers page. Our gift with purchase offers usually require a customer to buy a stipulated amount of product from a featured brand.
For example: Buy any 3 products from brand X and receive a complimentary product Y.
Customers should browse and select the correct number of products from the featured brand and add them to their shopping basket . Once this has been completed a new window will appear on screen stating that the criteria for the promotion has been met and that the free gift will be automatically added to the order/shopping basket.
Please note that certain items like packs and gift sets featuring multiple items only count a one product! Thereby requiring additional individual products from the same brand to be added to meet the criteria of the promotion.
Due to the popularity of our offers we can only allocate one promotional item per brand per order.
Occasionally, we run store wide offers such as a free gift with every order. Once a valid transaction has been completed our warehouse team will add the free gift at the point of despatch and no notification will appear on screen or on any subsequent documentation.
All promotions are subject to availability
Is VAT included?
Yes, gorgeousshop.com always shows prices that include VAT. Goods are dispatched from our warehouse in the United Kingdom, therefore, UK VAT rates always apply. Please note that deliveries to Non European Union countries are subject to Customs Clearance (with the exception of Norway)and Local Taxes which must be paid by the recipient. We will supply the appropriate documentation with each order as required.
Can I make changes to an existing order?
We kindly ask all customers to check orders carefully before they click "Confirm Order". We are unable to amend orders once they have been confirmed. We are often asked to add products to an existing order by telephone, unfortunately this is not possible as our automated order processing system immediately sends the order through to our warehouse for picking and allocating.
If customers require additional items after an order is confirmed items then a separate order will need to be placed including the delivery charge where applicable. Therefore, we strongly recommend that all required products are added prior to confirmation. This will ensure that postage costs are kept to a minimum and where applicable the benefits of Free Delivery Offers take maximum effect.
I have forgotten my account password?
If you have forgotten your password, you can request your password to be sent to the email address you have previously registered with Gorgeous Shop
Please ensure when you receive the password that you copy and paste into the password field on the account login screen.
What happens if the product is out of stock?
If an item is out of stock, we'll happily send you an e-mail when it's back in stock. Simply drop us an email and we will notify you when we expect delivery for each affected item.
Where can you deliver to?
We currently ship to the UK Mainland, Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland. We also deliver to UK areas deemed as Exceptions, these are areas that are more remote. This includes the Highlands of Scotland and off shore islands such as the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Shetland Islands and the Scottish Islands.
We also serve destinations within the European Union with fast delivery and low costs. There are other countries listed on our international delivery options page. Not all brands on our website are available to countries outside the UK .
Please note we do not deliver to a PO Box address.
We do not charge per item like some of our competitors, we simply charge the best rate possible, generally with no upper weight limit.
UK Delivery Charges
International Delivery Charges
What payment methods do you accept?
Gorgeous Shop accepts the following major credit cards:
Visa; MasterCard, Maestro; Solo.
Paypal Customers can also pay via Paypal if they have a valid PayPal account.
All transactions are carried out on secure (https://) payment pages which are secured by Comodo SSL security.