Let’s go back to basics this September and treat our hair to some simple, nourishing goodness. The task of finding the perfect products for your hair type can be a challenge. Let’s go back to beauty school and take a look at a few tips and tricks that’ll upgrade your routine, as well as some A+ products that are quick and easy to use and work specifically for your hair.
Easy As A B C …
- Don’t Skip The Scalp: Washing your scalp is essential to a successful hair wash routine. Cleansing the scalp helps remove buildup like dirt and excess sebum. Buildup can collect on the scalp and cause greasiness, dandruff, and itchiness. We recommend you start your shampooing by emulsifying shampoo in your hands, before massaging it into your scalp for a few minutes.
- Don’t Skip The Conditioner: It can be a time-saving temptation, but forgoing the conditioner can have negative consequences for your hair. Conditioner provides nourishment in the form of moisture and hydration to hair while creating a more silky finish. Avoid the scalp when using conditioner, as it can make hair greasy faster. Also, leave your conditioner to sit for a little while before rinsing it out.
- Rinse Out Shampoo Thoroughly: Don’t leave any leftover shampoo in your hair once you’re done with your shower. Make sure your hair is fully cleansed of product.
- Don’t Rub Your Hair With A Towel: Using a towel to wrap up your hair after a shower is fine. Just don’t be rough! Instead, squeeze and gently pat your hair dry with the towel, as your wet hair is vulnerable.
- Use A Heat Protectant: Protect your vulnerable hair with a heat protective blow dry spray, oil, or cream. Wet hair is extremely vulnerable to damage and breakage, so apply before you blow dry.
- Never Use Hot Tools On Wet Hair: Because of wet hair’s vulnerability, using hot tools like straighteners or curling wands to style it is a HUGE no-no. Wait until your hair is naturally bone dry or has been blow dried. Then apply a heat protectant and styling product as you desire.
- Get Regular Haircuts: A trim three to four times a year is usually enough keep hair healthy. However, all hair is different, so you may need more or less of a cut.
Best In Class …
- For Thin Hair: Biolage FullDensity Shampoo and Conditioner helps to build hair density whilst leaving your locks looking and feeling healthy and full. The lightweight formula works to condition each strand, add body and shine, reduce breakage and reveal beautifully healthy hair.
- For Damaged Hair: Olaplex Bond Maintenance No. 4 Shampoo & No. 5 Conditioner is the ultimate strengthening and nourishing duo. These products work to effectively repair damaged hair, frizz and split ends by re-linking broken bonds, leaving your hair shinier, softer and more resilient than ever before.
- For The Scalp: Alterna Scalp Rituals Exfoliating Scrub is a clinically tested transformative scalp exfoliator and shampoo. It gently cleanses and exfoliates the hair and scalp. This scrub removes build up and leaves the scalp feeling calm, soothed and hydrated.
- For Bleached, Highlighted and Blonde Hair: Kérastase Blond Absolu Cicanuit Overnight Serum is a lightweight overnight serum that effectively repairs blonde hair. Expertly formulated with a high concentration of hyaluronic acid and infused with precious edelweiss, this powerhouse serum works while you sleep to hydrate and fortify sensitised, bleached hair fibres.
- For Heat-Styling Protection: ghd Bodyguard – Heat Protect Spray is suitable for all hair types, and boasts a two-fold action of protection polymers and conditioning agents. This powerful heat-protection formula defends hair integrity by preventing damage caused by heat and leaving hair looking and feeling healthier.